Any patient of the Czech Republic referred by their treating specialised doctor may become a patient of the IKEM Cardiology Department. In the event of foreigners not insured in the Czech Republic, it is advisable to agree on payment for the treatment in advance, before hospitalisation.
If you are interested in cooperating with the Cardiology Department, you can schedule your patient for admission by telephone on 261 365 122, fax. 261 362 982 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the case of an acute risk for the health condition of the patient and risk of delayed treatment, you can agree on sending the patient to our department directly by telephone on 730 182 222 Hotline 24 hours a day.
The most common reasons of scheduled hospitalisation at the Cardiology Department include:
- Diagnostic coronarographic assessment or scheduled coronary and extracoronary interventions
- Examination of patients with valvular defects if surgical treatment is considered
- Examination of patients with advanced heart failure contemplated for inclusion in the waiting list for heart transplantation
- Hospitalisation with the plan of invasive diagnosis of heart arrhythmias and catheter ablation
- Evaluation of the indication for implantation of a system for cardiac resynchronisation therapy
- Examination of patients with repeated syncopes
The IKEM Cardiology Department is one of 2 accredited centres in the Czech Republic engaged in the therapy of pulmonary hypertension.
More information about pulmonary hypertension can be found at the website: www.pah.cz.
The most common reasons for acute admission to the Cardiology Department include:
- Treatment of patients with acute coronary symptoms
- Examination of patients with suspected mechanical complications of myocardial infarction
- Treatment of patients after circulatory arrest or patients with ventricular arrhythmias (especially with the electrical storm)
- Treatment of patients with acute bradyarrhythmias
- Acute heart failure with contemplated non-pharmacological therapy (introduction of a mechanical heart support) and others.