The division of endoscopic methods is a leading, comprehensive endoscopic centre. The division not only provides endoscopic services to outpatient offices and departments of IKEM, but also to specialised doctors in the broader surroundings. It performs both diagnostic procedures and specialised therapeutic interventions that require a specialised complement. The division also provides hospitalisation at the HD ward for patients requiring observation after procedures (must be agreed with the endoscoping doctors – preferably by e-mail at email@example.com).
Urgent endoscopy service
(the service is provided primarily to IKEM and TN (Thomayer Hospital), but also to suburban hospitals)
The urgent endoscopy service is operated non-stop at the Hepatogastroenterology Department. It is a non-presence service, which means that a senior doctor – endoscopist and an endoscopic nurse are on emergency duty on the telephone from 4 pm to 8 am the following day.
When an urgent endoscopy procedure is required, the following steps should be undertaken:
- Contact the nurses of the HD division – Tel.: +420 26136 3280, 3281, who will inform the requesting person about the name and telephone number of the endoscopist on duty;
- Upon discussing the indication of endoscopy, the doctor calls the endoscopic nurse;
- The endoscopist may refuse to perform the procedure if a clear contraindication of the procedure is determined by phone;
- In other cases, the endoscopist initiates the procedure within approximately 1 hour from the telephone contact;
- It is desirable to perform the procedure at the division of endoscopy of IKEM HD (if the patient cannot be transported, the procedure will be performed at the bedside).
The request forms can be downloaded here: