IKEM Quality Council
|Chair:||PhDr. Martina Šochmanová, MBA|
|Vice-chair:||Mgr. Stanislava Fatorová|
|Members:||Mgr. Jiří Čáp|
|Mgr. Jana Fejfarová|
|MUDr. Jaroslav Chlupáč|
|Bc. Jiří Kotrbatý, DiS.|
|Bc. Dagmar Kövešlygetyová|
|Mgr. et Mgr. Barbora Půžová|
|Ing. Ladislav Skulina|
|MUDr. Martin Wiendl|
|MUDr. Milan Ročeň, Ph.D.|
Compliance with the Quality Policy approved by IKEM management is mandatory for all its employees; head personnel on all management levels are responsible for compliance with the Quality Policy.
IKEM Quality Policy
The management of the Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKEM) is aware of the importance of bonds among its internal processes for the quality of its activities and their results and is committed to respecting the following Quality Policy in accordance with applicable legislation and legal requirements.
IKEM wants to serve for the benefit of health of citizens, in accordance with their needs and with the interest of society in the fields of prevention, diagnosis and therapy of diseases, in the spirit of the Hippocratic Oath and humanistic ideals of European and world medicine and medical science.
IKEM wants to build an effective, intelligent organisation with a stabilised, motivated and professionally efficient team of employees.
IKEM wants to be a socially responsible organisation, with environmental protection and protection of its employees in terms of fire safety and occupational health and safety protection included in its standards.
In order to fulfil this policy, with respect to patients IKEM seeks to
- Develop a humane relationship with patients based on an individual approach and help every individual patient (client);
- Search for the most efficient ways of prevention and therapy of diseases and increase the quality of life of the patients (clients) through a multidisciplinary approach;
- Consistently observe medical ethics and the rights of patients;
- Ensure a high level of accompanying non-medical services;
- Maintain and enhance the healthcare quality system in a way so that for our patients (clients) it provides a guarantee of credibility, reliability and the permanently high professional level of IKEM;
- Introduce in clinical practice new diagnostic and therapeutic methods and thus build the position of a national transplantation centre of healthcare in the fields of transplantology, cardiovascular surgery, diabetology and endocrinology.
In order to fulfil this policy, with respect to employees IKEM seeks to
- Respect the principle that to err is human and that to admit a mistake does not mean weakness. However, a thorough analysis shall be followed and every error shall be used to learn;
- Educate its employees, enhance their professional qualifications, skills, experience and high moral and volitional characteristics;
- Create and support the conditions for care for employees;
- Request its employees to be active, loyal, collegial, to maintain good interpersonal relations and high moral standards.
In order to fulfil this policy, with respect to the society IKEM seeks to
- Develop research activities in the fields of cardiovascular diseases, transplantations, diabetology and endocrinology;
- Follow the development of legislative requirements in the field of environmental protection and apply the same in documented procedures so that the requirements can be observed in practice and any effects and impacts on the environment are not significant.