Radiodiagnostic and Interventional Radiology Department
prof. MUDr. Jan Peregrin, CSc.
Director of the Department
Tel: +420 26136 4144, 4145
MUDr. Jiří Novotný
Deputy Director of the Department
Tel: +420 26136 2684, 2294, 2670, 3043
The Radiodiagnostic and Interventional Radiology Department performs all the radiodiagnostic examinations for IKEM along with special services for other healthcare facilities in the Czech Republic. Along with diagnostics, it focuses on therapeutic vascular and non-vascular operations. It resolves complications arising during organ transplants.
Areas of specialization
- Interventional Radiology
- Conventional radiodiagnostics and sonography
- Computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, clinical and experimental spectroscopy
- Providing diagnostic imaging (x-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound)
- Specialized cardiovascular diagnostic-therapeutic procedures (CT, or MRI heart and coronary artery examinations, angiographs, peripheral and renal angioplasty) and non-vascular interventions (nephrostomy, percutaneous biliary drainage)
- Specialized examination of the gastrointestinal tract with related interventions and endoscopic procedures (targeted biopsy, ERCP, EPT extraction of stones from bile ducts)
- Examinations of the kidneys and renal grafts