Anaesthesiology and Resuscitation Department
MUDr. Tomáš Kotulák
Director of the Department
Tel: +420 26136 5161, 5195
MUDr. Hynek Říha, Ph.D.
Deputy Director of the Department
Tel: +420 26136 5160, 3050, 3070, 5555
The Anaesthesiology and Resuscitation Department of the IKEM Cardiology Centre provides specialist perioperative assurance (i.e. in the pre-operative period, during the operation and after the operation) to all patients who have surgical operations carried out within the IKEM Cardiovascular Surgery Department.
The main focus of activities is in provision of anaesthesia during the operation and follow-up intensive care in the post-operative period. The department also provides consultancy for other IKEM Cardiology Centre departments.
Comprehensive intensive care naturally includes good-quality nursing care (prevention of pressure sores, psychological support, etc.).
If the patients’ condition is stable and no longer requires resuscitation care, patients are transferred to the Intensive Care Unit of the Cardiovascular Surgery Department or other workplaces.
Examinations and Treatments
- Cardiosurgical operations using extracorporeal circulation
- Surgical myocardial revascularization without extracorporeal circulation
- Operations on the thoracic aorta
- Heart transplantation
- Implantation of mechanical cardiac support systems for patients with severe, life-threatening heart failure
- Other operations, e.g. transmyocardial laser revascularization, surgical extraction of stimulation electrodes, vascular surgery on the lower limbs, plastic surgery for problematic healing of sternotomic wounds
- Heart and blood circulation
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Central nervous system